Saturday, January 12, 2008

Joining the fray

I've decided to start a blog. Until recently I had never seriously considered blogging as something that I wanted to do. But then I read an address given at a Brigham Young University--Hawaii commencement ceremony by Elder M. Russell Ballard which called for college-age men and women to use the so-called New Media to promote a greater and more accurate understanding of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, our beliefs, and doctrines. So a portion of this blog will be lent to that noble purpose.

Additionally, I'd like to think that this blog will help my friends and family see what I'm up to from time to time. I'm currently a student at Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah, which means I'm busy, and I am notoriously bad at keeping in touch with friends and family. Hopefully this will help in my expanded efforts to keep loved ones in the loop.

Finally, this blog is open to anyone who wants to read it. Questions and comments are always welcome, I just ask that you don't post anything obscene or otherwise distasteful.

2 comments:

choohooo said...

Nate! I got your email and soon realized I could be the first one to post on your blog! We've got one too, bkholyoak.blogspot.com. Talk to you later. Brandon

Shawn said...

It seems you are moving on to bigger and better things. I just found out today that you will be adding to your already busy load with a new calling. Congratulations. I hope we will still get together now and then. I love your idea, and wish you the best in your future blogging!