Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Favorite Jokes

Every now and then it's good to break up the monotony of life--and thesis--with some good ol' fashioned humor. Here are some of my favorite jokes.

What's brown and sticky? A stick.

One my younger brother made up when he was about 4 years old:

Why did the plum tree fall down? Because there were too many ducks in it.

And one my dad made up:

A cowboy and one of his cows walk into a bar. The bar tender looks at the cowboy and says, "Hey, we don't serve your kine here."

I admit, I love dry, corny jokes. I'm also a sucker for puns--so much so that as a kid I wanted to write a theatrical production entitled "Pun: A Play on Words."

I'd love to know your favorite jokes, but here are the rules: they have to be clean, non-racist, or derogatory in any way. True humor is fun and healthy and builds people up.

5 comments:

Whitney Hardie said...

Last night while I was bemoaning my allergies I reminded Joe of this little jewel:

How do make a kleenex dance?
Put a little boogie in it.

Still gets me.

Mese said...

Here's mine: Once there were two sausages frying in a pan. One looks at the other and says, "Hey man. It's getting hot in here". Startled, the other one looks up and says, "Oh my gosh, it's a talking sausage!".

Dan Cummings said...

Why did the scarecrow win the gold medal?



- He was out standing in his field.

Dan Cummings said...

And for those lovers of the knock-knock genre,

Knock knock.
Who's there?
Kenya
Kenya who?
Kenya let me in it's cold outside

(you'll need to supply the Knock Knocks, Who's theres, etc. for the rest...)


Uganda
Uganda let me in it's cold outside

Africa
It's a freakin' cold outside open the door

USA
You-was-sayin' you was gonna open the door, it's cold outside

Russia
Rush-a to open the door... (you know the rest...)

Israel
Israel cold outside, can you open the door

Palestine
Pal it's time to open the door it's cold outside

Yeah, you can actually make up a lot more of these, it'a amazing. All attributed to Chris B.

Nate said...

Thanks for all the jokes, folks. Here's a couple more that I like:

Hey, did you hear about the circus fire?

No, really?

Yeah, it was intense!

Or,

Hey, have you heard about the new corduroy pillows?

No, really?

Yeah, they're making headlines all over.

Have a great one.