Saturday, January 17, 2009

A Year in Blogging Statistics

Being the budding young scientist that I am, and an exercise scientist at that, I have a natural propensity toward numbers and performance statistics. So on 17 January 2008, I began collecting stats on this blog to see where my readers were coming from and how long they spent on the site and what content they were reading most, etc.

I am pleased to report that in the past year I have had 3,172 visits by 1,657 visitors from 603 cities in 46 countries and territories;

That those visitors have spent a total of 91 hours, 37 minutes, and 23 seconds reading from the Book of Nate, each visit averaging 1 minute and 44 seconds in length;

That the most time spent in a single visit was 35 minutes, 38 seconds, whereas the least time spent was 0 minutes, 0 seconds;

That 89.22% of visits are from folks in the United States and 94.66% of the time spent is also from the United States;

That these numbers are piddly compared to other blogs, which can get thousands, even tens of thousands, of visits daily;

But that I've had a ton of fun blogging in the past year, and I thank all you readers for making this a success!

No comments: