Thursday, November 12, 2009

Gross!

I ride TheBus to and from school each day. It's a pretty good system, albeit a very crowded one. When I do get a seat, I try and make use of the time by reading.

Monday started out no different from any other day. I got on the first of the two buses I ride to school, found an open seat on the very back bench, and began reading through a paper I'm trying to write with nine other classmates (don't try that, by the way).

The man I was sitting next to was a friendly fellow. He spoke a lot to me, very enthusiastically, asking me where I was from and how long I'd been on island. He said a lot more but I could hardly understand a word of it. We didn't chat long because his stop was well before mine.

Just a couple of stops before mine, the girl on the same back bench as me suddenly threw up! I instantly felt bad for her but also had thoughts of H1N1 running through my head. I tried not to make a scene as I packed up to get off at my stop. Before exiting, though, I informed the driver of the situation, hoping that the girl's day would get better.

When I stood up from my seat, however, I was shocked to notice something cool on the seat of my pants. I felt behind me and realized that my pants were completely soaked through with who knows what liquidy substance!

It took all the fortitude I had to keep from freaking out as I walked to the front of the bus to talk with the driver about the girl who had thrown up in the back of the bus. I didn't know if I'd sat in water, or soda pop, or urine. All I knew was that I was half-way along my hour-long trip to school and I had to turn back to change out of my soaked shorts.

After I got home and cleaned up and made it to school the rest of the day went just fine. Ever since then, however, I've been a little more leery of sitting in the seats on TheBus.

6 comments:

tpmotd said...

G-R-O-Double-S.

Katie said...

Yuk yuk yuk and ewwww!

Deb said...

I've already heard this story and it still grosses me out! bleh!

sans auto said...

In my CNA training course, the first thing we learned was, "if it is wet and not yours, don't touch it." I feel strongly that that advice can be applied in many areas outside of nursing or adult care.

Oh, and SHack just peed on the floor in front of me. Parenthood is sort of gross too.

Joe Hardie said...

Holy crap man. That is one for the Black history books.

MBlack said...

Well that pretty much tops all my complaints and stories about public buses.... That's still gross though. I'm sorry.... :D