I've been impressed by the Lord's urgent plea to us, His latter-day children, to avoid falling into the same traps as did the Nephite and Jaredite peoples which led them to destruction.
I was impressed by the idea that by faith we can become the "sons and daughters of God"--a topic which demands elaboration by further study.
I was again impressed by Moroni's 8 exhortations, all found in Moroni 10:
- Remember how merciful the Lord has been to the children of Adam from the very beginning
- Ask God if the Book of Mormon is true
- Deny not the power of God
- Deny not the gifts of God
- Remember that every good gift comes of Christ
- Remember that Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever, and that spiritual gifts will never cease or be done away so long as the world shall stand--except through unbelief
- Remember the words of Moroni because at some point in time we will know, without a doubt, that he didn't lie
- Come unto Christ and be perfected in Him
I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God! I rejoice in this knowledge and pray that I may live true to it.