Sunday, May 15, 2011

Major Dilemma

Today at church, a 16-year-old young man says to me, "I like your beard."

I've had a goatee for about a week now. Deb likes it.

"I don't," I replied, "I'm probably going to shave it."

He nearly floored me with his round-house-kick-of-a-response, "You're beginning to look like Chuck Norris."

Granted, I'm one of two white guys in the whole congregation, and the only one with a full head of hair. Sandy blonde hair. So of course I look like Chuck Norris to a kid who is only used to seeing folks with black hair.

Maybe I won't be shaving; after all, Chuck Norris counted to infinity--twice.

3 comments:

auntykaryn said...

You totally do!

auntykaryn said...

You totally do!!!

Whitney Hardie said...

That kid's gotta get off island. Chuck Norrises abound on the mainland.