Saturday, April 12, 2014

Finally


I'm constantly on the lookout for a new job since I don't really want to be adjunct faculty for the rest of my life.

On a whim, I set up a profile and went through the preliminaries of applying for a position at UPS in my hometown, just to see what would happen.

The above image is a screenshot of the immediate feedback I received after responding to a simple survey of my skills and qualifications.

I've applied at so many places now I've lost count. In too many instances, the companies have never acknowledged their receipt of my application. In too many cases, I'm told that I'll hear back soon about whether or not I've been given the position, only to never hear back from them again.

It's refreshing to finally find a company who will tell me up front whether they want me for a position.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I am so sorry that you have struggled with this for so long. You and Deb are some of the best people I know. I dearly hope something works out soon.

Nate said...

Thanks, Katie!